The School for Policy Studies at the University of Bristol is a vibrant, productive and influential academic community dedicated to world-class research, teaching and professional education in social and public policy; social work; and public health. Our work is deliberately aimed at academic, policy, practitioner and user audiences at international, national, regional and local levels.
The school comprises seven centres:
- Exercise, Nutrition and Health Sciences
- Family Policy and Child Welfare
- Gender and Violence Research
- Norah Fry Research Centre
- Research in Health and Social Care
- The Study of Poverty and Social Justice
- Urban and Public Policy Research
It encompasses an unparalleled breadth and depth of expertise in policy-relevant research across a range of inter-related disciplines and fields.
This blog provides an introduction to our work and to summaries of our research findings. It also provides expert comment on contemporary policy developments.
Find out more about the work of the School for Policy Studies.
Latest posts by policystudies (see all)
- Extinction Rebellion – Breaking the Law to Save the World - October 21, 2019
- The impact of housing wealth on retirement inequality - July 29, 2019
- Another Blog on the C-Word. - July 4, 2019